Divorce Lawyer Edmonton | Protecting Child Welfare

Divorce Lawyer Edmonton | Protecting Child Welfare

In Alberta, divorce lawyer Edmonton says that there is a statute or act that protects children in this province. This act is called the child youth family and enhancement act.

Divorce Lawyer Edmonton

This is the act that governs child welfare laws. And if anyone has any questions about this act, or if they have any concerns about child welfare. This entire act can be found online for free.

While there are many different government agencies that handle child welfare matters. Collectively, these agencies are all referred to as child and family services.

Which branch of government takes care of different aspects. Especially rural versus urban child welfare matters. It does not matter as much as the fact that all of these government agencies. Are charged with protecting children in the province.

One of the first things that anyone needs to be aware says divorce lawyer Edmonton. Whether they have children or not. Is any time somebody sees a child in need of intervention. They are legally obligated to report this situation to child and family services.

However, people do not need to worry about what branch of government they report this to. Any government office. Including police, healthcare, that people have access to. Will be able to pass the information along to the right authorities. Especially depending on what area of the province people live in.

But many people may not know what a child in need of intervention looks like. Learning this, can be extremely important. So that anyone who sees this can help.

Read More…

If there are reasonable or probable grounds to believe that the safety, development, or the security of a child is in danger. This is a child who is in need of intervention.

Children who are lost, or have been abandoned are in need of intervention. Or, when their guardian or parents have passed away. They are also in need of intervention.

However, if the child is neglected by a guardian or parent, or is unable to be protected from neglect by their parent or guardian. This also means that the child is in need of intervention.

As well, if the child is physically, emotionally or sexually abused. Or whose parent or guardian is unable or unwilling to protect that child from those abuses. Then this child is also in need of intervention.

And finally, if a guardian or parent subjects the child, or is unable or unwilling to protect the child from cruel and unusual punishment. This means that a child is in need of intervention.

Because people who witness this are legally obligated to report the situation. Anyone who does not report a child in need of intervention. Can be legally held responsible for helping the abuse to continue.

Therefore, people of all walks of life who live in society. Should be able to understand what a child that needs intervention looks like. And be prepared to bring attention to that child when needed.

If anyone wants to know more about the child welfare law and how it protects children says divorce lawyer Edmonton. They can read the act online, and find out more about how they can help protect children.

Divorce Lawyer Edmonton | Protecting Child Welfare In Alberta

Society as a whole protects its most vulnerable members says divorce lawyer Edmonton. Which is why the child welfare act was created in Alberta.

There are many different laws that protect child welfare, and the statute that governs all of these laws is called the child youth family and enhancement act. These are all of the different laws that can help protect children in a variety of situations.

If, someone sees that a child is in need of intervention. Or they suspect that is the case. They should alert child and family services. Is an umbrella term for a wide variety of government agencies. That are tasked with handling child welfare matters in this province.

Once notified, child and family services have extremely broad powers. That can help them investigate the complaint. This means not only can they speak to the parents or guardians of the child.

Child and family services workers can also come into the home, to investigate the living conditions, speak to the child and the children’s siblings. As well as speak to all other witnesses and third parties that may hold information about the case.

This means neighbours, extended family members such as ants and uncles or grandparents. Teachers, and pastors or ministers. Might even be called upon to speak to the complaint says divorce lawyer Edmonton.

Read More…

Once child and family services has concluded their investigation. They have many different options on how they are going to proceed, if they discover that the child is in fact in need of intervention.

On the most basic level, child and family services can write up an agreement that can be called family enhancement agreements. That outlines various actions that the parents or guardians can engage in. In order to remove that child from harm.

This can include things such as going to parenting courses, adding counselling for addictions or domestic violence. Or agreeing to remove dangers, or clean up their home for example says divorce lawyer Edmonton.

However, parents or guardians of these children must keep in mind. That nobody can force them to sign these agreements. Parents must also not be bullied or tricked into signing them either.

Parents or guardians are also well within their rights to obtain their own independent legal advice. Will help them understand what the document is requesting. Because once a parent or guardian signs this document. It will become legally binding.

However, many parents may feel that they do not have the resources to be able to afford a lawyer who can give them legal advice. Which is why there are many different lawyers across Alberta. Who will be more than happy to read a family enhancement agreement. And give advice on the contents.

By finding these resources, and getting an opinion on whether they should sign this. Whether they should make amendments, or with a they should go to court. Can empower a parent or guardian. To help them make the right choice for their family.